Wednesday, September 7, 2016

FOODIE ALERT: Royal Krua Thai Restaurant


Hello. Shout out to all my foodies out there. I am pretty sure many of us here including myself la-la-love Thai foods. I mean who doesn't right? Let's go ahead and review this quickly.



What's it about?                 
Basically it serves authentic Thai cuisines to all diners. The variety of their dishes ranges from pork-beef-chicken-fish-seafoods and vegetable alternatives as well. Absolutely, the harmony of the different flavors  (salty, sweet, spicy and sour ) is present in every dish. 

Here are some sample photos I took during that time.

**Here is the spread of our table. What a delicious mess.
from left to right -- > pad thai , chicken curry in yellow sauce, pineapple rice platter and their vegetable spring rolls

**I truly recommend this drink, their Thai Royal Iced tea. Tastes like the real thing! 




Where is it located?    


It is located in the Upper Ground Floor, behind Krispy Kreme in SM City Cebu,  North Reclamation Area, Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines.




What's the price range?
The price ranges from P150  to P 350.
Estimated cost per  person in a group of 2 is P 300 ~ P 350 per person.
TIP : It's better if you go there in a group of 4 and above.



My Overall Thoughts
DECORS AND INTERIORS : I really like the interiors of the place. It gives us this luxurious Thai experience with all the music, Thai-themed lanterns and even including the utensils you use on the table. Quite an experience I must say.

PRICE: It is pretty decent considering the types of dishes they serve. I must say it's not that expensive but definitely not cheap either. 

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I did have a good time talking to the waiters about my orders. They were polite enough to adjust the flavors and honestly answered if the dishes were big or small in quantity. Also, I appreciate that they really welcome you upon entering the restaurant.

QUALITY OF THE FOODS: I would say it's a hit or miss. Some foods that appear good for 2-3 servings look lesser / much than I expected. Plus, the quality of their pad thai ( knowing it's the signature dish of Thailand) unfortunately failed. 

TIP: It's really better to ask clearly upon ordering to make sure of everything before the dishes are served. There's no harm in asking.


TASTE AND FLAVOR: It is always a winner. The distinct marriage of the different flavors is always an exciting experience.  Plus, the color play of the dishes presented is always  appreciated and loved. Very good to the senses I must say.

WILL I COME BACK? Hmm. That's a good question. I guess not anymore. I'm just disappointed somehow. It's not that excellent like it used to be before. The servings tend to be smaller, inconsistent, and especially not very authentically Thai anymore. Also, it doesn't give me that excitement to go back there again and again like I used to. 

FYI : I have already found new favorites which are Siam Thai restaurant and Mae Krua Thai restaurant. 

** Will just write about them soon. I just need to do about 2-3 visits before I write my honest review. 


That's all folks. How about you? What's you favorite Thai foods? Let's share ideas together and be friends.

Bye for now. Till next time. 
--Belle



No comments:

Post a Comment