Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Welcome to Korea

September 25, 2015
** DREAM COME TRUE : Korea trip

I thought this was just a dream or fantasy.  Out of nowhere, my student/ friend invited us to come and visit Korea this year in their Choseuk holidays. I tried my luck and passed the documents needed. That surely gave me some panic attacks and butterflies in my stomach  literally. Finally, on the 25th of September, we flew to Korea. Up up and away.  ~~~ ^ ^ Wow, I couldn't believe it either even until now ( as in right now)

Hello Incheon Airport. Welcome to Korea.  (roll eyes) 


Special thanks to Terry who waited and picked us up in the airport. To my surprise, Terry gave me a bouquet of flowers. Ohhhh! It truly melted my heart.


First agenda

We went to Hongdae to have dinner. Luckily we could still find a good place to eat. It was a first time for me Korean foods in Korea finally. Sounds strange, huh?
** We had Korean BBQ and cold noodles in this resto located in Hongdae. The name is Yong-ga Korean BBQ restaurant. Wow, eating time... yummy ^ ^
** John Levy ( my hubby) and my Korean friend, Terry, trying to get a decent photo. KKK ( insert Belle) 
After a few minutes, Jason and his wife came to join us together. Weeee, happiness!!! So much laughter and catching up happened during our first night in Korea.  Then, we moved to this place that is a  famous Korean dessert shop.



*** I must say Korean people really know the meaning of desserts perfection. FYI  I just made it up. But really, ah-mazing. The ice was like snowflakes.  It was smooth, powdery and and delicious.  The photo on the left is Honey dew fruit on top with shaved ice in the bottom. The one in the right is all time famous Injulmi Bingsu. 
***A short trivia about Injulmi  Bingsu
It  comes with condensed milk which you drizzle on top to add sweetness to your dessert. Injulmi is also known as Korean Rice Cake coated in sweet bean powder. The bingsu in sulbing is not the typical bingsu. From the word itself, it is ‘sulbing’ which means ‘snow ice’. It is similar to shaved ice, but the ice are shaved so thin like snow.
None of that crunchy texture, but a powder of snow that just melts in your mouth! And instead of ice, they
use frozen milk. It’s so deliciously good. Feels like going straight to the moon and back.


No comments:

Post a Comment