Tuesday, July 26, 2016

REVIEW: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream In Morocco


Hi beautiful people. I've always been the traditional type of person wearing lipstick shades of red and pink and everything in between. Then one day, I thought why not try an orange-y shade this time to break the monotony.  Hmm that was quite an impulse right there. Haha Read on to find out my experience.


What's it about?

It is neither a lipstick nor a lip gloss. This matte lip cream is a new lip color  that goes on silky smooth  and sets to a matte finish. Soft matte lip cream is durable and lasts for a longer time.

About the shade Morocco, it is a bright shade of orange with a hint of coral too. 

The scent of this is like a bubblegum sweet candy but it disappears once applied on the lips.


How I feel about it and my experiences?

It instantly gives a huge difference on my face. I suddenly look healthy, happy and glowing. Haha


* The shade Morocco really looks bright and coral-y at first. I mean you can always make it look deeper and lighter depending on my application and layering. 
* Because it's a matte formula, the staying power is pretty long. But it may turn patchy and highlight the dry section of our lips so it's better to exfoliate and apply a heavy duty lip balm first before using it.
* The shade Morocco tends to make our teeth a bit yellowish so you can always brush your teeth pretty well or just apply this thinly / lightly making it not look  so deep and rich in color.



PROS
  • The color pay off is really good.
  • You can always make it look brighter or lighter. Very build-able
  • Easy application on the lips
  • Easy to use and comes handy
  • Stays long and dries matte
  • Really reasonably priced


CONS
  • Makes out lips look patchy, dry and somehow flaky
  • Makes our teeth look yellowish :(
  • If you have dry lips, then this isn't the one for you.


My Final Thoughts
First, I really didn't like it because of the formula compared to Nyx's Xtreme Shine Lip Cream. However, I did find out that we can always layer them both. First, apply the shine lip cream then put the matte lip cream after. They just look good together. If you don't have that one, you can always layer it with any glossy lipstick / lipgloss.

Overall, I like this shade because it instantly lightens up my face making it look youthful and happy. A good happy color I must say. For now, I am on the lookout for other shades from this line hoping I can score a good color that matches me.

That's it for now loves. Take care. 

Belle




No comments:

Post a Comment