Friday, November 11, 2016

Demilitarized Zone DMZ Korea

Hi guys. Actually I forgot to post this entry right here. This is part of my Korea blog series I did last year. This time, I will bring you to the famous Demilitarized Zone DMZ Korea. It's a place where it's restricted and literally it is the boundary between the two nations. Everything here is off limits and for viewing purposes only. Let's continue then.


DRESS CODE
There is a very STRICT dress code. The examples of what is not allowed are as follows.
  • Tanks tops / sleeveless tops or those that expose the midriffs 
  • Shirts with insulting meaning/ obscene / provocative / rude prints
  • Short pants / mini skirts / short dresses
NOTE : If you're planning on wearing a shirt, make sure you it has a collar. No T-Shirt allowed.


*** I present this photo diary of our memorable experience there.








The VIEW of North Korea from afar


This is the river that separates the 2 nations. 
The view of South Korea

The flag of South Korea

My hubby and I with the view of North Korea at the back
Terry ( my friend) and hubby with South Korea at the back view




THE SHORT FILM SHOWING about its history and background


The map of the North and South Korea




The train model, KTX. If you like to visit North Korea, then you can use this.




My Personal Thoughts
Actually it was a humbling experience to be in that area. I learned so many things far beyond my expectations. One thing that is certain is the unity of the people with the active involvement of the government and the private sectors alike make them the nation they are now, progressive and strong. I can only hope and dream that one day, it will also happen in the Philippines. 


Anyhow, if you happen to visit Korea, include this in your itinerary and I am pretty sure you will learn a lot. That's it for now.

Let's keep moving forward and dream big.
---Belle 

No comments:

Post a Comment