Thursday, August 18, 2016

10 STEPS OF KOREAN SKINCARE : My Version

Annyeong! Luz Bella-imnida! I guess I can get used to this greeting for  you guys? What do you think? Anyhow, I've been loving this Korean trend  ( 10 STEPS OF KOREAN SKINCARE ) nowadays  and I must say that it  did a lot of good changes in my skin making it look brighter and better. Let me share you how I do it. I also have my DIY here so it won't be that expensive always. Let's continue and dig in.

10 STEPS OF KOREAN SKINCARE


STEP 1: Make sure to cleanse your face. 
** I have here a balm cleanser. It makes the job easy for me especially removing waterproof make up especially mascara. Everything that was applied on the face just basically melts if I use this making my skin cleaner afterwards.

What I use? Banila Co Balm Cleanser 




STEP 2 : Double cleanse.   
* This step truly makes sure that no make up residue is left on the face. Washing the face with your favorite cleanser / facial wash gives a squeaky feeling somehow. It's always better to be sure and clean than be sorry later, right? 

What I use? Pond's perfect care facial wash




STEP 3: Exfoliate     
** I do this twice or once a week only. When we exfoliate, it cleans out clogged pores but also removes dull layers of our skin cells making it appear brighter and softer.

What I use? Spa milk salt plainly and sometimes I add honey and kalamansi juice 

DIY : Just use your regular sugar and mix it with honey. That's an instant  hack you can do to exfoliate. 





STEP 4: Use toner.
** This step is very important. When we put toner on the skin, it hydrates our skin again after cleansing it.  Also, toning prepares our skin to the next step of skin care routine making the essence, serum, moisturizer and other liquids absorb better.

What I use? Nature Republic Collagen Dream 90 Skin Booster
** You can check this link for a thorough review about this product. 
http://luzbelleathome.blogspot.com/2016/06/review-nature-republic-collagen-dream.html



STEP 5: Apply essence.
** An essence is a highly concentrated skin care product with active ingredients designed to treat specific skin problems from oil control, whitening and hydration to name some examples.It has  a lighter serum consistency. It is considered the heart of Korean skincare because it penetrates deep inside the pores and lower layers of the skin.

 What I use? I just substitute my essence to this, an emulsion from Nature Republic Collagen Dream 70 Emulsion

NOTE: You can also try Missha's Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence. ^ ^





STEP 6:  Serum or Ampoule treatments
** Ampoules are considered as super-concentrated versions of the essences.  This step is not that necessary for everyone. Like for example, if you don't have any brown spots, skin pigmentation and other skin troubles, then you may not have this anymore. 
** In my case, I just use a Vitamin C serum for a boost of whitening and lightening effect.  I use it  for about 3-4 times a week.  

What I use? It's Skin Power 10 Formula Vitamin C serum
** I have here a link of the review I did about this serum. Check it out. 
http://luzbelleathome.blogspot.com/2016/07/review-its-skin-power-10-formula-vc.html




STEP 7 : Sheet masks
** Sheet masks really make our life very easy. That means it can be done twice a week or more if you feel your face is very dry and dehydrated. Sheet masks are usually soaked in ingredients like Vitamin C, Collagen,  Vitamin E and other nutrients that our face needs. 


NOTE: You can actually swap a sheet mask from your essence or serum to save time from the usual skin care routine.
** The secret of sheet masks is it forces our skin to absorb the added nutrients and moisture better than applying a regular cream or serum - before the product has the chance to evaporate literally.
** The immediate effects are also impressive like after one use, our face becomes plump, soft and bright too depending on the kind of sheet masks used of course.


What I use? Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet in Aloe
** You can refer to this link. It's a review about this sheet mask. 




STEP 8 : Eye Creams
** Eye cream is really a must for all women out there. There are many kinds available in the market now but basically it targets everything from fine lines to dark circles.  
** The key technique how to apply this is just to gently tap the product around the eye area using our ring finger. By doing so, it leads to better absorption of the product.

What I use? Pond's Age Miracle Dual Eye Cream
** Check out this link for added information about this product.
http://luzbelleathome.blogspot.com/2016/03/review-ponds-age-miracle-dual-eye-cream.html






STEP 9: Face Cream
** If you've noticed, Korean women truly love layering their skin care products. This step is simply done to lock in skin's moisture. Making our skin moisturized and hydrated all the times is the top secret in making our skin supple, soft and younger looking forever. 

What I use? Guerisson 9 Complex  with German Horse Oil



STEP 10 : SPF
** Sun protections is truly essential  and highly emphasized by Koreans. Haha Applying SPF regularly makes a big difference on the skin. It prevents premature aging and the appearance of wrinkles and lines on the face. 
** Just make sure to pick a product that has a light weight consistency to avoid that heavy and greasy feeling.

What I use? Sunscreen by Cellin 
This link right here gives you added information about this sunscreen.
http://luzbelleathome.blogspot.com/2016/08/first-impressions-sunsreen-by-cellin.html




** Yes, it's a wrap. The 10 steps of Korean Skin care are all completed. Yup, those steps pretty look long and stressful to regularly do every week. But if you were to ask me, I do love and enjoy following the steps one by one depending on my mood. Actually, I've noticed a huge difference on my face and my fine lines around my eye seem to look less visible. I guess I'll continue doing this religiously to stop aging literally. Kidding ^ ^


How about you? Do you also have your own version of this Korean skin care? Let me know and share ideas together. It should be fun and exciting  I suppose. As always, thanks for reaching this point in reading this blog entry. Appreciate your time and effort.

Take care and always be happy!!

-- Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment