Friday, April 22, 2016

FOODIE ALERT: HALLA PAELA

Hi guys. For all the foodies out there, a special shoutout to all of you. I know the feeling very well. Having a good decent meal without burning your pockets is always a good stress reliever especially when we work our ass hard just to survive in the busy world. (sorry about that lil rant) .

For the past few months, I've been eyeing to try this one good restaurant called HALLA PAELLA because I've been seeing them basically everywhere on social media like Facebook and Instagram world. Plus, the idea of having a paella that isn't costly is also another plus point.  Oh, I should mention that there churros I've heard is to die for. Let's jump into this deliciousness and reveal what I've experieced when I finally decided to join the bandwagon of HALLA PAELA believers. ( I just made that up. Opps)


WHERE IS IT LOCATED?
You can find them at Robinson's  Cybergate, ground floor. It is easily visible and noticeable somehow.

https://www.facebook.com/halapaella/info/?tab=overview
You can check their facebook account for more information.



WHAT'S IT ABOUT?

This is the menu. ( Got this photo from their Facebook account.)

It's basically a Spanish restaurant that serves the best Spanish foods like paella and churros. (That for me is enough reason to check out this place. ) As you can see from the menu and price range above, basically their foods are pretty much affordable. Also, you may opt to order their FAMILIA size of paella for everybody in your family / group of friends to enjoy and savor the taste together.





PROS
  • The foods really taste delicious and flavorful.
  • I appreciate and enjoy the variety of flavors they offer in their paella selections.
  • Even though their price point is quite  affordable ( from P100 to P300 per person is enough) , still they offer a decent amount of servings, enough to make hungry person happy after.
  • It's a good and cheap alternative to eating in  a fine dining Spanish restaurant that serves an expensive dish of paella. (GOOD FOR THOSE IN A TIGHT BUDGET LIKE ME )



CONS
  • The place is somehow small so you better go there 30 minutes before lunch / dinner time to secure your seats. Going there on a weekday is also a good  time.
  • The one I ordered that was paella negra with  seafoods in it tasted ok but the seafoods were quite chewy and tough sadly. It may be overcooked or something. 

PERSONAL THOUGHTS
Overall, I had a happy experience except that tough seafoods on my paella. Well, there is always a second time and I'll choose other variety of their paella selections. Oh one more, their churros are to die for.  Heads up HALLA PAELLA for giving us Cebuanos a cheaper choice of paella goodness. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment