Thursday, August 4, 2016

LIFE HACKS : 10 THINGS TO ENJOY WHILE WORKING AT HOME

Hello everyone. This time is a little different post. I just came up with this idea because a lot people have been asking me about my job  (home-based one) and stuffs like that. All they could say was No Way! There's no life there. Life gets boring at home all the time! You can't enjoy that set up and things like that. Those lines kept coming on and on. Unbelievably strange though.

Then I realized maybe yes in some point they might be right. However, when I try weigh in things, I discovered that there are more advantages compared to the bad things actually. It's just all about having the right kind of attitude and mindset. Here are the ways how I entertain myself at home. I'll also inject some benefits as a side menu. Who knows you might jump in and decide to work at home too? Right?


10 THINGS I DO and ENJOY AT HOME



1. Pamper myself with a good kind of body wash.




Yes, you heard it right. At first, it felt strange thinking about this like body wash? What the heck is that? Haha But trust me, especially if you choose a good one with a soothing scent, then it doesn't only  leave your skin and body moisturized but also it calms the mind and feeling too. Very relaxing and nourishing both to the mind and body. As a result, you'll get a clean and polished body  and a relaxed mind too. 



2. Scrub my body and face at least once a week.   




Literally, I do scrub my face and body for about at least once a week. Not only it cleans the body thoroughly but also it is fun to do while taking a bath. It gives us this very squeaky clean feeling afterwards hoping the stress of the day will all be washed off after that scrubbing action. Strange but true. Try it to believe it. You'll know the difference.




3. Put on a cold face mask before going to sleep.



Of course, you have to make sure that your face is clean before doing this. My style is I put the face mask first in the fridge for about 30 minutes or so to make sure it's cold enough. Then just about when I am going to sleep, I put it on. Wow just wow! It's like an instant lullably making me sleep or relaxed automatically. I guess it must be the cold feeling that the sheet mask gives. In no time, you'll have a good night sleep because of that and in the morning, you'll have a smooth and moisturized face too. Hitting two birds with one stone! 


4. Read magazines and books. 




I must admit that when it comes to reading, I am damn lazy. But hey, it isn't that bad especially the topics are about cooking, fashion, skincare and travelling. Let's just use our interests and push us to read something. Haha  I believe reading makes us develop our creative minds and gives a kind of inspiration and  motivation. It also widens our perspectives in life and teaches us to build dreams eventually. So, it isn't too late to grab yourself something to read. It's also a much better alternative than browsing the internet. Plus, reading before bedtime prepares us to have a good night sleep.



5. Cook a new dish. 




This chore really scared me to death at first. I just learned it after I got married and I've had my own versions of kitchen disasters like you can't even imagine. Eventually, it just grows in me. Probably because I love eating good foods and I like to experiment in the kitchen as well and cook my version of  the foods I've eaten in restaurants. It's like being economical meeting the passionate food taster within in. In addition, the more you cook at home, the  more you feel happier and more satisfied. It's just a kind of therapy to do in the kitchen.



6. Make yourself a good cup of tea, coffee or any beverage you desire.




Yes, it's a cliche when I say that  this is  somehow good and relaxing. I guess it's all tested, proven and  true. Just imagine the beauty of sipping your cup little by little while listening to a good music or watching a good TV program. It truly relaxes my nerves. It slows down things which is contrary to our daily life.  Especially if you do this at night, it gives a signal to our body to relax and prepare us to go to bed. Yes, we have to prepare and talk to our body too just like that.



7. Do zumba and exercise. 




We have to exercise. Yes, you all have heard this a million times already. Well, nothing beats a  good exercise especially if you do it regularly. Especially I just work at home,  sit down basically for hours and hours and can eat anytime too. It feels like the fridge is always tempting me. Opps.. Those examples are really bad.  Haha 


My goal how to exercise easily? Doing it bit by bit but regularly. Doing zumba and some stretching somehow cuts the momentum of idle time and makes the blood circulation flow regularly again. It allows us to sweat and gets rid of the bad toxin in the body. Also it gives us this kind of confidence that we look good and feel good about ourselves.


8. Write a diary and journal.   




Writing for me is a good therapy. It gives me a sense of fulfillment in a way that I communicate with my inner self. I make it a habit to make weekly and monthly goals. By doing so, I can motivate myself even more and stick to them. Talk about intrinsic motivation right there. ^ ^

Also, every month, I write my happy thoughts. I call that my Gratitude Journal. I think of all the  good and positive things that happened for that month and write them down. It feels good remembering them and they serve as a good reminder to be thankful for everything. So, start writing your happy thoughts and goals from now on and trust me, you'd feel more inspired  and happier everyday. 



9. Do online shopping and brows websites.   




As women as we are, online shopping always gives us joy and happiness. However, I don't teach just merely spend our precious money online.  Opps, not that healthy for us, right? What I mean by this is we can always find some inspiration online and probably look for cheaper alternatives. Think about getting the right combination of patterns in a cheaper price. You can try pinterest and lookbook.nu for some examples. By doing so, we can learn to prioritize things and maximize the value of our salary. It's a win-win solution I mus say. Looking good doesn't always mean buying all the time. But sometimes  a little bit shopping online doesn't hurt the pocket. ^ ^ 




10. Do your manicure and pedicure at home.




This two can be done at home. It will really save you bucks and bucks of money overtime. Plus, if you have a sister or a husband at home, then why not ask a favor from them to help you do it. It's absolutely a fun activity if you do this together. Plus, it's a good time to bond, talk to each other and make new memories too.



FYI : These pics are all gotten from the internet for inspiration purposes only. 
** Those are the tips I know work for me when I am at home. How about you? Do you have other suggestions about it? Let us share good pieces of ideas online then and help each other. We can always spread positive vibes and happiness online. That's it for today. As always take care and continue to follow your dreams.



-- Belle



No comments:

Post a Comment